Temporary agent posts are classified in two function groups according to the nature and importance of the duties involved.
- Administrators function group (AD) covers twelve grades from AD 5 to AD 16 corresponding to technical, administrative, advisory, linguistic and scientific duties.
- Assistants function group (AST) covers eleven grades from AST 1 to AST 11 corresponding to executive, technical and clerical duties.
The duration of contracts for temporary agents is a maximum of three years with the possibility of renewal.
The probationary period of temporary agents is nine months.
Contract agent positions are classified in four function groups according to the duties and responsibilities involved.
- Function group I corresponds to administrative support service tasks.
- Function group II corresponds to secretarial tasks and office management tasks.
- Function group III corresponds to executive, drafting and accountancy and tasks.
- Function group IV corresponds to administrative, advisory, and linguistic tasks.
The duration of contracts for contract agents is a maximum of three years with the possibility of renewal.
Contract agents recruited for more than one year have a probationary period of nine months.
Seconded National Experts
Seconded national experts are drawn from the civil services of EU countries. They bring their unique skills and knowledge to ENISA for a period of time before taking the experience acquired during their stay at the Agency back to their home administration.
Candidates for secondment must:
- Have a current employment in the national, regional or local public sector or international civil service. Alternatively candidates' may be employed in non-profit or voluntary sector.
- Hold a university degree in a field relevant to the areas of work described in this call
- At least three years of experience in scientific, technical, administrative advisory or supervisory responsibilities
- Be a national of a Member State of the EU or a national of the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein)
- Be able to communicate in English as this is the working language of ENISA.
Selected candidates will be invited for a telephone and/or face-to-face interview.