Annual Privacy Forum 2015: Call for Papers and latest news
Published on May 25, 2015
The Annual Privacy Forum (APF) meeting will be taking place on the 7th and 8th of October 2015 in Luxembourg, during its Presidency of the Council of the EU. This year, the main focus of the APF will be on privacy of electronic communications.
Current open calls:
- Call for papers: papers particularly welcome are those which explicitly illustrate how the presented work can contribute to bridging the gap between research and policy, as well as multidisciplinary papers regarding the technological, legal and societal aspects of privacy.
- Call for opinion papers: to encourage contributions from policy makers, representatives of competent authorities (such as Data Protection Authorities), industry experts, NGOs and civil society associations, are invited to submit opinion papers on the above mentioned topics. Opinion papers will reflect the opinion/position of the author(s) on the selected privacy-related topic.
- Call for Ph.D. Student Workshop Submission: open to both junior Ph.D. and prospective Ph.D. students. Authors are invited to submit papers (accepted papers will be limited to 4 pages excluding references, written in English and in LNCS format) describing the current state of their research.
Details and instructions on the open calls are available here.
This year’s confirmed speakers include:
- Thomas Engel (University of Luxembourg)
- Paul Timmers (DG CONNECT)
- Udo Helmbrecht (ENISA)
- Giovanni Buttareli (EDPS)
- Naomi Lefkovitz (NIST)
- Ross Anderson (Univ Cambridge)
- Marit Hansen (ULD)
- Paul Nemitz (DG Justice)
- Jacob Appelbaum (Tor project)
To register visit the dedicated APF website and check out this year’s programme. Follow APF on twitter
#APF15 #enisa @ PrivacyForum_EU @ENISA_eu
About APF: The European Commission Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT), the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) and as local host, the University of Luxemburg, are organising a two-day event with the objective of providing a forum to academia, industry and policy makers.
Stay updated - subscribe to RSS feeds of both ENISA news items & press releases!