Against the background of the ontology and taxonomies for resilience, the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) and the Unit "Trust and Security"of Directorate General Information Society and Media (DG INFSO) of the European Commission have jointly organised a workshop with the objective to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on this subject. The workshop has covered a number of issues, such as:
- Impact of resilience on standardisation activities for future networks;
- The regulator viewpoint: Why resilience is critical?
- The network operator viewpoint: Addressing resilience at network planning/dimensioning stage;
- The manufacturer viewpoint: How resilient equipment strategies impact innovation;
- Technological and research challenges: damaged networks recovery techniques; preservation of privacy in a network stress event.