High Level Panel on how Europe's Digital Society can be kept safe for all citizens.
from 09:30 to 13:00
|Contact Name||Graeme Cooper|
|Contact Phone||+302810391377 (office hours)|
|Add event to calendar||
The European Union’s cyber security agency, ENISA will this Monday (10th October) hold a special event to discuss how Europe’s “digital society” can be kept safe for all citizens.
ENISA (the European Network and information Security Agency) is holding the event in Brussels, under the title “Future Challenges in Network and Information Security”. The discussion brings together experts from the European Commission, Parliament, Council, Member States and industry.
Panel members are:
- Minister Piotr Kolodziejczyk, Undersecretary of State (Polish Ministry of Interior and Administration), who will give a perspective from the EU Polish Presidency;
- Antti Ilmari Peltomäki, Deputy Director General, DG Information Society and Media, who will provide a European Union view;
- Dr. Christian Ehler, MEP, with a Parliamentary perspective;
- Troels Oerting, Assistant Director, Operations Department, Europol, covering law enforcement; and
- Ilias Chantzos, of Symantec, and Vice-Chair of the Business Software Alliance (BSA) EMEA Committee who will give an IT industry view.
The event will be chaired by ENISA’s Executive Director, Professor Udo Helmbrecht.
Please note, that because of space limitations, attendance at this event is by invitation only.