Targets of the first workshop
The main targets of the workshop consisted of:
- Update participants of the deployment status of DNSSEC. Signing of TLDs and root. Experiences from registries, registrars and registrants that have implemented DNSSEC.
- Identify gaps.
- Investigate other options or parallel actions for improving DNS’s resilience.
- Explore possible actions that ENISA can take up
- Identify which of these tasks can be performed in a working group.
- Cooperation of ENISA with other organisations or alliances sharing the same goals
As main stakeholders, the following groups have been identified:
- Enterprises that manage their own network, DNS, and public internet services,
- Hosting companies and DNS providers,
The workshop gave the opportunity to 18 experts and stakeholders in the area to meet, exchange ideas and agree upon a clearly defined set of actions that ENISA will pursuit in the course of the abovementioned MTP.