The Executive Director attended a conference on ENISA and the EU perspective on cyber security in Finland organised by the Ministry of Transport and Communications, in Helsinki, Finland. The conference in Finland was, more in detail, focussed on the status of ENISA mandate, re-organisation, new tasks and future potentials. This conference was held in the wider context of the EU Cyber Security Strategy and Directive published (07.02) by the European Commission. The ED also met with industry and other stakeholder representatives, and made an overview of some of the latest Agency studies and reports; e.g.
- Cyber Incident reporting; Status of Article 13a, See First annual cyber incidents reports, a) First annual report of cyber incidents in the EU: 51 severe outages reported over 2011
- And on gaps, b) EU agency ENISA analyses cyber security legislation & spots implementation gaps; incidents remain undetected or not reported
- Implementing Guidelines, c) Clarifying cyber security incident reporting: guidelines on how to implement the new telecom legislation on security & integrity “Art 13a”
- Cyber Europe 2012 Exercise 2012,
- Critical Information Infrastructure Protection and resilience
- Computer Emergency Teams, among other themes.
Stay updated - subscribe to RSS feeds of both ENISA news items & press releases!