This year we are celebrating the 8th edition of Data Protection Day. This date is chosen as a reminder of 28th January 1981, when the Council of Europe adopted Convention 108, the first legally binding international instrument related to data protection.
Data protection issues, including their cross-border dimension, are always present in citizens’ lives – at work, in their relations with public authorities, in the health field, when they buy goods or services, when they travel or surf the internet.
The aim of the Data Protection Day is to give everyone a chance to understand what personal data is collected and processed and why, and what our rights are with respect to this processing.
EDPS video message
ENISA would like to point to some of its recent work related to the area of data protection, privacy and trust:
- Security certification practice in the EU - Information Security Management Systems - A case study
- On the security, privacy and usability of online seals. An overview
- Recommended cryptographic measures - Securing personal data
- Algorithms, Key Sizes and Parameters Report. 2013 Recommendations
- Securing personal data in the context of data retention. Analysis and recommendations
For more ENISA reports, please check here.
Stay updated - subscribe to RSS feeds of both ENISA news items & press releases!