EU Minister’s Informal Justice & Home Affairs Ministers’ meeting, Vilnius 18-19/07
The EU’s cyber security Agency ENISA attended the informal Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) Minister’s meeting in Vilnius, 18-19 July, 2013, where cyber security was a key matter to discuss.
Published on July 23, 2013
In brief, the discussion focussed on A) How JHA actors were contributing both domestically and in a multinational environment, to achieve synergies and to strengthen cooperation for better prevention and more targeted response to cyber incidents.
On this topic, ENISA elaborated on;
- ENISA’s role in the EU Internal Security Strategy and the role it gives to ENISA in coordinating with the EU Cyber Crime Centre.
- The EU Cyber Security Strategy and how it strengthens this role.
- The EC3 Programme Board and how we coordinate with them in practice.
- How ENISA bridges the public and private sector – e.g. EP3R (European Public Private Partnership for Resilience) and the Network and Information Security (NIS) Platform for stakeholders, in close cooperation with the European Commission
- Opportunities and mutual benefits for the JHA community to work with ENISA
- Pan European cyber security exercises and cooperation with Computer Emergency Response Teams, (CERT)s, where ENISA is uniquely positioned to be a “broker” of good practices across Europe, both in supporting training and build-up of CERTs, and in conducting Cyber Europe 2010, Cyber Atlantic 2011, and Cyber Europe 2012.
B) Focus on measures to improve cyber capacity and cooperation, where ENISA focussed on the new mandate of ENISA – explicitly underlining cyber capacity building.
- Importance of not duplicating work, taking advantage of ENISA’s efforts in this area and not duplicate them.
- Overview of ENISA key activities in this area.
- Critical Information Infrastructure Protection –CIIP- initiatives.
- Industrial Control Systems/ICS and SCADA( Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
- Secure Communications
- Cloud Computing
- CERT Baseline Capabilities
- CERT/Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) collaboration – possibilities of extensions
- ENISA Threat Landscape assessment
For more information on the event, please visit www.eu2013.lt.
Stay updated - subscribe to RSS feeds of both ENISA news items & press releases!