Professor Helmbrecht made a high level policy statement on the vision of WSIS, during the second day of the event.
Among the key points of his speech were:
- ENISA supports the objective of strengthening the trust framework including information security and network security.
- Scientific knowledge is a key factor in the innovation process and science is acknowledged as a common or public good that is to be shared universally.
- Community and Capacity building is essential and can be done by bringing together experienced communities to work on common problems.
- ENISA believes strongly in” learning by doing”; examples are the Pan-European exercise, Cyber Europe 2014 and the CERT - Computer Emergency Response Team - community which is supported with training session with suitable scenarios.
- With new technologies also new threats are coming up; Therefore close cooperation with the operational communities is needed to identify methods and tools that work in real, operational environments.
- Industry needs to become better at “security by design”, from the start. And all stakeholders need to become better at implementing security measures. This includes using and promoting cryptography.
- ENISA is proactively building a security culture to enable us to remain competitive and stay secure in the 21st century.
WSIS outcome documents
WSIS+10 Vision for WSIS Beyond 2015 and all the WSIS outcome documents are available online on the WSIS website.
Building Trust in Cyberspace
Today (12th June) ENISA's Executive Director, participates in the High Level Dialogue on Building Trust in Cyberspace. Online participation is also available.
The WSIS+10 High-Level Event, extended version of the WSIS Forum, is expected to endorse the “WSIS+10 Statement on Implementation of WSIS Outcomes” and the “WSIS+10 Vision for WSIS Beyond 2015”. These Outcome Documents have been developed in an open and inclusive preparatory process, the WSIS+10 Multistakeholder Preparatory Platform (WSIS+10 MPP) .
Stay updated - subscribe to RSS feeds of both ENISA news items & press releases!