ENISA annual High Level Event taking place in Brussels
Published on December 11, 2013
Today, Wednesday 11th, the EU’s cyber security Agency annual High Level Event takes place in Brussels. This year’s topic is “Securing the cyber-future: risks, threats, challenges and opportunities for coordinating Europe’s cyber security”. The event is taking place in the Representation of the State of Hessen to the EU premises, centrally located in Brussels, and in cooperation also with the European Security Round Table.
More in detail his year's topics include:
- The new ENISA Regulation - what it actually means for improving Europe's cyber security;
- The Cyber Security Strategy and NIS Directive - the practicalities of its implementation;
- The implications of state surveillance revelations for IT security - what should be the technical response and what are the future needs?
The line up of speakers has, together with the topic and the location of the State of Hessen’s Representation, generated an unprecedented interest and registration to the event.
The speakers are:
- Dr Szusza Breier, State Secretary for European Affairs of the State of Hessen to the European Union,
- Robert Madelin, DG, DG Connect of the European Commission on Improving cybersecurity in the EU
- Peter Hustinx, EDPS Supervisor on Status of the new DP legislation & impact on the Cyber Security Stragey
- Tomas Jakimavicius, Telecommunications Counsellor at the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union.
- Industry perspective 1 : John Higgins Director General, DigitalEurope, Risks & Rewards; costs and confidence-a fine business balance
- Industry perspective 2 John Lyons, CEO, ICSPA, Potential impact on business operations form the EU’s Cyber security strategy & NIS Directive; then a QA session panel, and summary and conclusions.
- The session is moderated by the ENISA Executive Director Professor Udo Helmbrecht.
On invitation only. For more information: ENISA High Level event 2013
Stay updated - subscribe to RSS feeds of both ENISA news items & press releases!