The Forum will take place on May 24th 2016 in Brussels at the EC premises, Madou building.
The forum will focus on emerging issues related to trust services across Europe, as the date for entry in force of the provisions related to trust services of the eIDAS Regulation, July 1st 2016, approaches.
The forum aims to:
- Share good practices and experience on the implementation of trust services.
- Discuss the latest developments on the framework surrounding trust service providers including standards, implementing acts and technical guidelines.
- Exchange views on identified implementation and operational issues of qualified trust services.
- Discuss strategies to promote the adoption of qualified trust services.
Registration is free of charge but subject to availability as the places are limited. Registration is now closed.
The final agenda can be found here.
The eIDAS Regulation enables the use of electronic identification and trust services by citizens, businesses and public administrations, to access online services or manage electronic transactions. It establishes a stable legal framework across Europe for five types of trust services, namely electronic signatures, electronic seals, electronic time stamps, electronic registered delivery services and website authentication certificates.
ENISA has contributed since 2013 to supporting the EC on the implementation of the eIDAS Regulation by providing security recommendations for a correct implementation of trust services, mapping technical and regulatory requirements, promoting the deployment of qualified trust services in Europe, raising awareness for relying parties and end users on to secure their electronic transactions using trust services, etc.
Specifically, the Agency has producedin the areas of:
- Minimum security measures and good security practices for trust services providers
- Common audit schemes for trust services providers in Member States
- Analysis of standards related to TSPs and mapping them to the requirements of the eIDAS Regulation
- Recommendations for the introduction on the market of qualified website authentication certificates
- Mechanisms for reporting security breaches by the trust service providers to the competent bodies
Trust Services Forum 2015
In 2015, ENISA conducted, in collaboration with the European Commission eIDAS Task Force, the first edition of the Trust Services Forum. The objective of the workshop was to provide a space to exchange ideas for the stakeholder communities in the qualified trust service market. Following the success of this event and the feedback received from participants, the Trust Services Forum was established as a periodic event, providing an annual occasion to discuss for the communities closely related to the eIDAS Regulation, namely, Trust Service Providers, Conformity Assessment Bodies and Supervisory Authorities.
For more information please contact us at: isdp [at] enisa.europa.eu
All personal data shall be processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council (OJ L8 of 12.01.2001, p1) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.