Welcome to ENISA’s Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP) and Resilience Unit.
The Unit is responsible for assisting competent national EU agencies, private sector and EU Commission to develop sound and implementable preparedness, response and recovery strategies, policies and measures that fully meet the emerging threats critical information infrastructures face today.
The unit fulfils its mission by
- assisting EU States and Commission to better understand the emerging CIIP landscape and issuing important recommendations to influence the policy process in areas like Smart Grids, ICS-SCADA, interconnected networks, cloud computing, botnets, mutual aid agreement
- developing good practices in areas like national contingency plans, cyber security strategies, minimum security measures for ISPs, national cyber exercises, trusted information sharing, and others
- organising complex, multi-national and multi-stakeholder cyber exercises (e.g. Cyber Europe 2010, Cyber Atlantic 2011, Cyber Europe 2012)
- offering training and seminars to EU States on areas of its competence like national exercises, contingency plans, incident reporting
- assisting National Telecom Regulatory Authorities in implementing a harmonised concept on mandatory incident reporting
- co-managing with the Commission the Pan European Public Private Partnership for Resilience (EP3R) and facilitating the dialogue among the public and private stakeholders on emerging CIIP issues
- contributing to Commission’s policy and strategic initiatives (e.g. Internet Security Strategy) and verifying that our recommendations are properly addressed by all concerned stakeholders
In the interlinked pages you will get more information about the results of our studies, the running projects and our plans for the near future.
If you like or appreciate our work, pls. do not hesitate to communicate with us and express your interest. Υοur opinion is very important to us.
Dr. Vangelis OUZOUNIS
Head of Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP) and Resilience Unit